The concept of foreground and background colors is integral to Photoshop. This video provides a look at the many ways they are used in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] This movie is about the role…of the foreground and background colors in Photoshop.…Foreground, background.…By default, the foreground and…background colors are black and white.…The role of the foreground color, or one of its roles,…is that this is the color that you paint…with when using your brush tool.…You can switch the foreground…and background colors by pressing the X key.…Alternatively, you can click on this two-headed arrow.…One of the ways which you can change the foreground color…is coming to the swatches panel…and just clicking on one of those colors.…
The background color is the color…that you erase to when using the eraser tool…and working on a background layer,…which is currently what I have.…I'm going to choose my eraser tool.…White is currently my background color,…and it's white that I get when I use my eraser tool.…Command or Control-Z to undo that.…If I unlock my background layer…by clicking on the lock icon,…and now use my eraser tool,…I'm actually erasing to transparency,…represented as a checkerboard.…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.