Most advanced users of Adobe Photoshop, skip the auto commands. However, there is hidden power in these commands that you need to take advantage of. What are these commands and what can you do with them? In this video, explore the role of Auto Brightness/Contrast in Photoshop.
- The Brightness/Contrast effect is an effect…that I had previously written off,…but in recent years, the PhotoShop team…completely re-engineered it,…and it's surprisingly good at fixing…both brightness and contrast.…You might be thinking, well, of course it is,…isn't that it's name?…Well, in the past, it didn't work so well.…It used to be that if you brightened up brightness,…the contrast was washed out.…Affected contrast, and the brightness changed.…So, it was as constant tug of war.…But now, it works incredibly well,…so if you're a longtime PhotoShop user,…you might not have thought of giving it a second chance.…
Let me show you why you should consider it.…While we've mostly focused on levels and curves,…there is an adjustment that's actually come a long way,…and that's Brightness and Contrast.…Now, normally, this is not an adjustment that I would use…because the legacy version of old was really bad.…As you brighten an image, it would was out,…so then you would add contrast to the image,…and it still might blow out or get too dark,…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.