This video provides an overview of how to use color profiles to achieve consistent color.
- [Instructor] Here's a picture of a sunset in Florence.…It was an amazing sunset, you had to be there,…and that's the point, you had to be there.…The picture doesn't capture it.…And in the same way as the picture doesn't capture the event…if I were to print this image on paper…the print would not capture the vividness of the colors…and the saturation that I see on screen.…So why is that?…Well, part of the reason is that when we look…at colors on screen we're looking at RGB colors,…the colors of light.…
But we can't print with light,…so the colors must be converted.…Even though we can print an RGB image…to our desktop printer,…behind the scenes the colors are converted to ink colors.…And there are fewer ink colors…than there are colors of light.…Some colors are lost.…Let's see what happens when we convert this image to CMYK.…Watch up in the top left here.…You see how things become just a little duller.…So that's part of the problem.…
The other part of the problem is that when we look…at ink on paper the light is refracted from the paper,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.