Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video A note about Photoshop versions, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- [Voiceover] Here I just thought I'd take a few minutes to talk about the differences that may exist between different versions of Photoshop. This particular version of Photoshop, we can figure out what version you're working with by clicking on here, the Photoshop menu, and choose About Photoshop CC. And that stands for Photoshop Creative Cloud. And you can see the version, the release. This is 2015.0.1. And depending upon what version of Photoshop you're using, you may have a slightly different version. Most versions of Photoshop that are fairly close to the version that's being used for this video will be functionally almost identical.
There may be some minor differences in the way the interface looks. But they shouldn't be significant. So you can see which version of Photoshop CC you have, and sometimes when you're talking to Adobe online, and you're trying to get some troubleshooting done, they're going to ask you, "Well, what's the version and release that you have?" And this is where you can find that out. Notice there's two different numbers. There's the 2015.0.1 Release. And then here's the revision number, 168. And that's a 64-bit version that you see there. So both of those numbers. So again, yours may be slightly different. You may recognize slight differences in the way the interface looks and some of the details.
But the functionality should be pretty much the same.
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports