Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video The new three-part Blur Gallery, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features.
In this movie I'll introduce you to the Blur Gallery, which allows you to create…depth of field effects in post.…And I have to say this is a really interesting command. There's a lot more going…on than you might first expect.…In this composition I've gone ahead and masked this bird out of its previous…background and added a new background on an independent layer.…Now let's say I want to take that background and blur it.…Go up to the Filter menu, choose Blur, and any of these first three commands is…going to bring up the Blur Gallery.…I'm going to go ahead and choose Field Blur.…
Notice you can control the amount of blur, either using this numerical value or…using the heads-up display here in the center of the image.…So if I drag this control clockwise I'm going to increase the blur; drag it…counterclockwise to reduce the blur.…I'm going to go ahead and move this point up there.…And you might wonder why in the world I did that.…After all, the Field Blur is uniform throughout the image, which is true unless…
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brusheswith John Derry1h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. The New Features
2. New with The Creative Cloud
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.