Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video The new Oil Paint filter, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Photoshop CS6 sees the reorganization of a handful of Effects filters as well as…the addition of a new one.…Now if you're a big fan of the Effects filters and you go up to the Filter…menu, you'll notice a few submenus are missing, specifically Artistic,…Brushstrokes, Sketch, and Texture.…And the reason is all the commands in those submenus bring up the Filter Gallery…and so Adobe's thinking is if you want to access to those filters just go ahead…and choose the Filter Gallery command and then go ahead and select the filter…you want to apply, modify the settings, and so forth.…
All right, I'm going to cancel out of here.…Now if that's not your cup of tea, if you want those individual commands back,…you can get to them by going up to the Edit menu here in the PC, that would be…the Photoshop menu on the Mac, and drop down to the Preferences command and go…ahead and choose the Plug-Ins command.…And then you'll see this checkbox right there, Show all Filter Gallery groups and names.…I'm not going to turn it on however. I'm fine with the way things are.…
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brusheswith John Derry1h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. The New Features
2. New with The Creative Cloud
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.