Understanding the many benefits that can come along with ACA status can help you to stay motivated and energetic throughout the process of preparing for the exam and taking it. This video describes both the professional and personal advantages that come from passing the Adobe Photoshop ACA exam.
- [Instructor] If you're considering taking an ACA exam, you should first have a clear understanding of the benefits that come with getting certified. That way you can stay motivated and energetic throughout the process of preparing for the exam and taking it. So let's review those benefits. First, ACA status can get you noticed. In a competitive situation where you're applying for a job or internship, it can instantly set you apart from other applicants. ACA status distinguishes you from peers who may in fact have the same skills you do, but they haven't demonstrated those skills in the same way that you did by getting certified. Getting certified is also a nice way to offset the fact that you might not have a lot of work experience using a particular application. Nowadays with rapidly changing technology, up-to-date skills are often more important than years of experience. And having current ACA status shows that you've got those up-to-date skills. And to help get that instant recognition of your skills, you'll receive an ACA badge after you pass the test. The badge is a graphic file that you can put on a website or a printed document so that potential employers and others will know at a glance what you're capable of. You'll also get the benefit of pairing your name with a world-class brand. The ACA badge includes the Adobe logo, which is recognized worldwide as a symbol of professional quality in graphic arts and visual communication. Another benefit of getting certified is to enhance your current status. You might already have a job, but want to show your employer that you can do more for them or that you are flexible or can handle a wider variety of tasks. It also shows that you're willing to take on challenges and learn new things. The people with larger skill sets who can handle a big variety of tasks are often the ones that are most valued by their employers. Having an ACA can put you on the track to becoming an MVP at work. Also a diverse set of skills can help you get a promotion or just keep a job when times are tight at your workplace. And don't overlook the personal benefits of certification, things like self-confidence. The questions and tasks on the exam are designed to match the real-world knowledge and skills you'll need to be successful at using Adobe applications. So with ACA status, you'll be secure in your knowledge and ability. You'll know what you know, which can also decrease stress. And you'll be confident in the quality of your work. You'll know that your files are constructed the right way and that they'll work for any intended use, whether it's print or digital. And along with that comes the satisfaction of a job well-done. And finally, let's not forget that this whole process of getting certified can be fun. If you already enjoy using a program, then spending the time to get really good at it will make you enjoy it even more. You'll be able to be more creative by exploring new features, and you can take full advantage of the features you're familiar with to achieve even better results. You'll also know how to finish tedious jobs quickly and spend more time focusing on the stuff you really want to. So to sum up, attention, confidence, satisfaction and more fun are just some of the benefits of getting ACA status. And remembering these things can help keep you energized and focused as you prepare for the exam.
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web