Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrinkle reduction 101, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- So far we've seen how we can use a combination…of our healing tools in order to reduce or remove wrinkles.…Yet what we haven't seen yet,…is a technique which is…perhaps one of the best techniques for wrinkle reduction,…which involves using the clone stamp tool…and a particular blending mode.…Well, that's exactly what I want to introduce you to here,…is this technique.…Here in this movie we'll look at how this technique works,…then in the next movie we'll apply it…to working on a few images including this one here.…Before we get to the photographs,…I want to turn the visibility of these layers right here,…these are some demo layers which I've created…and I've created these so we can really understand…how this technique works.…
Because if we understand how it works,…it can help us achieve better results.…Now here in this demo little folder,…we have one layer which has a gray rectangle below…and above we have a gradient.…In this gray is right about here…in the middle gray area,…and often what we do is when we use the clone stamp tools,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.