Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of working with type in Photoshop. Learn how to create single lines of text and paragraphs of text to use in your next your teaching and learning asset.
- [Instructor] On most websites, text is added…to the HTML code itself and styled using CSS,…or cascading style sheets.…However, on most of the sites we use…in teaching and learning,…we do not have the level of access to the CSS files…needed to accomplish this.…So for our unit banner template,…we'll add that text manually inside of Photoshop.…Now by doing this, we will create an accessibility issue…since the text that you add to your image will not…be accessible to screen readers.…
So you will need to make sure to add the appropriate…alt tag descriptions when you post your image online.…For now, let's make sure that our 1200 by 600 art board…is selected, and then select the type tool from our tools…or press the T key.…And up in the options bar, you can select…many of the typical type settings…that you're used to from other programs,…such as the font, and notice that Photoshop shows you…a preview of what the font is going to look like…over here on the right hand side.…Your list will be different from mine depending on the fonts…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.