Join Julieanne Kost to discover how to install scripts and use the Scripts Event Manager.
- [Instructor] Scripts can be used to extend…the functionality of Photoshop.…And while the creation of scripts and the writing of scripts…is beyond the scope of this video,…I do want to show you how to access and install scripts…so that we can work with them.…And I also want to show you the Script Event Manager.…I'm going to switch to the Finder,…navigate to the Exercise Files,…chapter five, and then 05 Scripts.…There are two scripts in there that are zip files.…If you double-click on the invertForeGroundColor…and double-click on the AddFileName to unzip them,…you'll notice that you have two .jsx files.…
If we select both of those files…and then hold down the Option key in order to copy them,…I'm going to drag them to the Photoshop application folder,…inside of Presets, inside of Scripts.…Copying them to that folder…will allow them to show up in Photoshop.…So I'll select Quit,…and then I'll return to Bridge…and double-click on SanFrancisco.jpg…in order to reopen Photoshop.…Now the first script will invert the foreground color.…
- Quickly saving images as different file types
- Creating single and multi-step actions
- Saving and loading actions
- Inserting stops, menu items, and conditionals
- Tips for working with layers
- Using the Batch command
- Creating droplets
- Automatically creating graphics from layers using generators
- Working with variables and scripts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Quickly Saving Images as Different File Types
2. Action Essentials
3. Tips and Tricks for Recording Actions
4. Using the Batch Command
5. Droplets, Variables, and Scripts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.