Learn additional options for putting different types of fabric pattern swatches into repeat using the Offset filter, Transform, and the Clone Stamp tool.
- [Instructor] Now what do you do…when you have a fabric swatch,…but there isn't a full repeat included in your swatch?…What can you do to turn that into a seamless repeat?…I'm gonna show you.…First, let's take this background layer…and turn it into a Layer Zero.…We don't have a full repeat, so we're gonna need to make…our canvas bigger, and to do that,…we go up to Image, Canvas Size, and I want it twice as wide.…Rather than trying to do the math,…I find it much easier to change this to Percent,…and let's just change the width to 200.…
We're gonna move our image to the upper left-hand corner…and click OK.…And now, we've got some extra space to work with.…Let's find the repeat.…Actually before we find the repeat, let's duplicate this.…So I'm gonna hold my Alt or Option key…and click and drag this second piece over.…And, I can move it back and forth until it ends up…where it belongs to make a clean repeat,…which is right about here.…And you might need to nudge it one way or the other…with your arrow key just to make sure…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.