Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with multiple layers, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] One of the great things about Smart Object…is that we can incorporate multiple layers within them.…So let's step backwards…to undo that painting operation…and let's open up this Smart Object once again.…Here, we'll make a new layer.…We'll set this layer to make a Clipping Mask…with the layer underneath so that painting on it…will only show up where it overlaps the lower layer…and let's change the Mode from Normal to Color.…
Now we can use the regular brush tool to paint in red…over this chair and it'll only change it…where we paint over it.…We could close it, to go back to the original…or, if we choose, we can leave it open.…We can just save it…and when we go back to the original,…there are the changes we made to the contents.…When we look at this, we can see that our red's…actually leaked out over the edge onto his boot,…onto the edge of the chair.…
Not acceptable.…We can go back into our Smart Object,…switch to the Eraser tool and this allows us to erase…those errors, just on this layer.…And so being able to incorporate multiple layers within a…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.