Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with movies, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Instructor] We've seen how we can use smart objects…to put text in perspective.…Let's see what happens when we take out the text,…and bring in a movie file.…We'll go to the File menu, and choose Place.…We'll go for Place Linked, so it links to the original file.…And let's choose our movie.…We'll hit enter to put it into place.…This movie features the figure…that we created for chapter three,…which was built in Adobe Fuse.…
If we go to Window, and show the timeline.…We have to convert it from a frame animation…to a video timeline.…And then…make the other layers long enough…to fill the whole movie.…We could make this panel smaller.…And when we press play,…there is the movie performing for us.…
And it's interesting to note,…this is all made in Adobe Fuse, including the animation.…Let's put our timeline away.…We can dock it over here.…And let's distort this movie to fit the space.…Now you'll notice, when we brought it in using…the Place command, it's automatically come in…as a smart object.…That means we can simply use Free Transform,…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 52m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.