Layers are the stand out feature of Photoshop and Chris Mattia walks you through the core elements of this critical tool for creating great teaching and learning assets in Photoshop.
- Now if there's one stand out, game changing feature…of Photoshop, it's Layers.…And the Layers Panel is a place…where you're going to spend a lot of your time.…And if it's not open for you,…just make sure you go up to the Window menu…and select Layers, or use the keyboard command F7.…Now the general concept behind Layers…is that each Layer acts like a sheet of glass.…Each Layer can have parts of your image on it.…You can show and hide Layers by clicking…on the eye icon to turn off particular Layers…or click it again, to show the Layer again.…
If you'd like to solo a Layer,…hold down the Option or Alt key on your keyboard…and click on the eye icon and it'll turn off…all of the other Layers.…I'll turn all those back on by again holding…down Option or Alt and clicking on the eye.…You select a Layer to work on by clicking on it…and it'll shift colors to let you know…that this is the active Layer.…You can change the order of Layers by dragging…the Layer to a new position in the stack.…If you grab a tool such as the Paintbrush tool,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.