Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with S curves and triangles in the composition, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- There is so much variety,…right here for foregrounds.…We used a reflected pool,…we've used water channels,…and now I'm using an S curve.…I love S curves, they are so incredible…to use as a foreground leading line into the scene,…they're just so powerful.…If you look through my portfolio,…you'll see S curve after S curve,…I really love them.…Here we have an S curve leading out…to the seastack, so this is right up my alley.…There are also some interesting water channels on the right,…there's some rock to the left,…so I've offset the rock to the left a little bit,…so that you kinda zigzag,…the S curve takes you to the rock,…and then it curves back and takes you to the seastack.…
Now in terms of my settings,…we're gonna stay very consistent with what we've been doing,…f11 to f16, keeping my ISO nice and low…for high quality images, ISO 100.…And making sure my histogram is perfect.…Alright, it's looking really good.…I've got three unique compositions…with this seastack in the background.…Now I see another seastack over there,…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.