Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Photoshop documents in Final Cut Pro, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So here I am in an almost empty file cut pro project and I've got my, uh,UNKNOWN …house media down in an otherwise empty sequence ready to receive my Photoshop document. …Now I have to say right from the start the support for psd files in Final Cut …Pro is not as fantastic as you would expect in Premier Pro and perhaps not …even as good as the features in Media Composer. …But let's have a look at the options. I'm going to Cntrl+click or right-click …inside my browser here. I'm going to choose import files and here's …the standard file I've been working with and I'm going to choose that.…
Here we are. Now there's an issue in Final Cut Pro …with importing Photoshop documents created using a Windows version of Photoshop. …So, what I've got here, if I double-click on this, it'll open, there is my media …and it's okay, it functions and, if I put this down into my sequence I even get my transparency. …So it kind of works okay but the standard procedure for importing Photoshop …documents into Final Cut Pro is for them to be automatically turned into sequences …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.