Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Photoshop documents in Avid Media Composer, part of Photoshop CS5 for Video Editors.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Importing Photoshop documents into Avid Media Composer is the same as importing …any other kind of graphic media but you'll find you get a couple of extra …options if you're importing a Photoshop document that has extra layers. …And let's just have a little look at that. …I've got a blank Media Composer Project running here, this is an NTSC project …with a bin, and really just nothing going on at all. …I'm going to right-click in the bin here. I'm on a PC, that'll be control-click on …a Mac. And I'm going to choose Import.…
I'm just going to browse to my Photoshop document, which has got three layers in it. …It's got a text layer and a strap line and a background with some alpha on it. …Now, if you're familiar with importing any kind of graphics into Media Composer, …you won't need me to tell you about choosing a video resolution and a target drive. …And of course, anything you import is going to be copied over, it'll be …converted, transcoded, copied over to your Media Directory, your Avid Media …
- Color modes, pixel shapes, and interlacing
- Working with prebuilt templates
- Understanding layers
- Using Smart Objects
- The alpha channel
- Working with video in Photoshop
- Using Photoshop documents in video editing applications
- Working with adjustment layers, text, and layer styles
- Color grading controls in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop
2. Color Modes, Pixel Shapes, and Interlacing
3. Working with Prebuilt Templates
4. Layers and Layer Groups
5. The Alpha Channel
6. Working with Video in Photoshop
7. Using Photoshop Documents in Video Editing Applications
8. Working with Adjustment Layers, Text, and Layer Styles
9. Color Grading Controls in Photoshop
10. Vanishing Point and Photomerge
Merging images5m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.