This video explains how to color a bitmap line art image.
- How do we add color to a line drawing?…Here I have a legacy clipart file…was scanned as a bitmap.…So the first thing I need to do…before I can add color…is convert it to the grayscale mode…and then from grayscale to RGB.…Now the key here that I'm going to be…adding layers of color,…one layer for every different color…that I use.…And these layers need to go beneath…what is currently my background layer.…So I need to unlock the background layer…and I need to change its blending mode to multiply…so that the whites…will be neutralized…and we'll be able to see the colors beneath.…
To add a layer beneath,…I'll hold down my command key or control key…and click on the create new layer icon.…I come and choose a color from my swatches panel,…switch to my brush tool…by pressing B…and I'm actually using my pencil in this case…because the pencil is going to be hard edged…and it won't introduce any…soft anti-aliased edges…into the illustration.…So I can just color away…as I see fit.…If I go wrong…let's say I do something like that by mistake,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.