The Color Picker is an engine room of color. This video explains how to get the full potential from this powerful and often underused tool.
- [Instructor] We saw in a previous movie…how we can use the Color Picker to choose the hue,…saturation, and brightness of the color.…The Color Picker also shows our colors in all of…Photoshop's supported color modes, RGB, LAB, and CMYK.…There is also the hexadecimal code…if you're working with web color.…Check this box and you limit your colors…to the 216 colors of the web safe palette,…but there's little reason to do that these days.…
A warning triangle indicates that the color is out of gamut,…that is the color is not part of the CMYK color model.…This means that if an image or composition…containing this color is converted to CMYK,…the color will be clipped to its closest equivalent,…and a color shift will occur.…The cube indicates that the color is not a web safe color.…We can add our colors to the Swatches panel…and we can also choose our colors from Color Libraries.…
If I click on the Color Libraries button,…I can use any of these Color Libraries.…I want to use Pantone Solid Coated.…I can scroll through using the vertical slider,…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.