Shooting with a wide-angle lens opens up a whole (underwater) world of nature photography. It's way more than just undersea landscapes.
- [Deke] In this first movie,…we're going to take a look at the wide world…of wide angle underwater photography.…And the thing about this kind of photography…is it does provide us with some new challenges.…It is not easy to pull off.…But we're also going to gain a bunch of new skills.…And hopefully, we'll be creating some amazing results.…And the thing we really want to impart to you…is that it's more, in fact, much, much more…than underwater landscapes, as you're about to see.…And so let's start things off with a strict definition…of wide angle photography.…
And this, by the way, is the standard definition,…whether you're shooting on dry land or underwater.…Assuming the digital equivalent of a 35 millimeter camera,…wide angle photography is anything captured with a lens…that has a focal length of 35 millimeters or less.…All right, now what we're about to see…are some amazing photographs,…captured by my buddy, Hergen Spalink.…- [Hergen] So this is a group of mobula rays…that are basically chasing through this school of bait fish.…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.