Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Whitening teeth, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at how…we can effectively whiten and brighten…the teeth in our photographs.…In order to go through this technique,…what we'll do is go through a few steps…starting off with making a selection,…then next we'll use hue saturation in a specific way,…and last but not least, we'll work with a curves adjustment.…Let's zoom in on this portrait.…This is a family friend and she has…this bright, wonderful smile.…Now, the light where I captured this photograph…is really warm and what happens is…is it tends to make the teeth look…even more yellow so I'm going to remove some of that…and to do that, it all begins with making a selection…so here we'll zoom in really close…and we'll press the W key to select the quick select tool.…
Next, you'll want a really small brush…so tap your left bracket key to go smaller,…right bracket key goes bigger.…You can also just press and hold that…and what you're going to do is click and drag over the teeth.…We first want to select this area of the image…so we'll go ahead and click and drag over that area.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.