After getting the exposure set the way you want, the White Balance and HSL sliders in the Lightroom Develop module will help you get the colors to properly reflect your underwater environment.
- [Hergen] In this movie, we're going to…take a look at some other adjustments…that we can do to our underwater wide angle photographs,…specifically we're going to talk about…white balance and using that HSL slider.…So let's go ahead and pick an image to develop,…and I'm going to work on this shark right here.…So I've got the image selected,…and I'm going to move over to our development module…by either clicking on develop or pushing D on the keyboard.…So here we are, we've got this shark,…and because that shark is a pretty…good distance away from us, couple feet,…our strobes really weren't quite as…effective in lighting it as we'd hoped,…and as a result, the cameras auto white balance,…which will look at whatever the major…source of light is in an image…and determine the overall color…balance using that information.…
And with blue water photographs like this,…it tends to be a bit off when you pull it into lightroom.…So there's a couple things we can do to easily bring…back some of that missing red to this image.…
- Wide-angle optics
- Blending and contrasting exposure
- Controlling exposure with aperture
- Lighting underwater
- Shooting on walls and slopes
- Composing underwater shots
- Capturing rays of sunlight
- Going in for close focus
- Post-processing in Lightroom
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Wide Angle?
5. Special Techniques
6. Post Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.