Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of UX Design for Developer Tools.
- [Instructor] This course is designed for anyone looking to take an internal development tool and turn it into something other people can use. We'll take a high-level look at a game development environment I created called Pixel Vision 8 Game Creator, and use it as a reference to frame to add polish to a simple automation tool all the way up to a full development environment. While this course doesn't cover actual design or programming, it will teach you the theory behind designing UX and UI for tools that developers want to use.
- The interface of a developer tool
- Designing within constraints
- The Pixel Vision 8 user interface
- Creating a common UX language
- Standardizing UI components
- Designing for small resolutions
- Adding toolbars and action bars
- Setting limits for simplicity