- You may be wondering if you're ready for this course, because this is more of an intermediate and advanced course. You may be wondering, well, what do I need to know before I take this course? Well, if you're a rank Photoshop beginner, this is probably not a good course for you at this particular point. You'll need to learn the fundamentals of Photoshop, including navigating all the menus and being able to access and navigate and manage your panels, and in particular, the properties panel, the layers, channels, histogram, adjustments and info panels. You want to become a little bit familiar with those.
You'll want to know about making and saving selections, particularly saving selections as alpha channels, and you want to have some working knowledge and experience with curves, histograms, info tools, because these are the fundamental tools that we're going to be using together to really master curves and having some working knowledge of creating and editing selections and layer masks is going to be very helpful as well. So, once you get these fundamental and some of these intermediate skills down, come on back and take this course and then you'll really be able to take advantage of it and become a master of working with curves in controlling your images.
- Using Curves adjustment layers for nondestructive editing
- Setting highlights and shadows
- Making area-specific tonal adjustments
- Using masks to control adjustments
- Adjusting color, brightness, and contrast
- Making quick adjustments
- Fine-tuning your curves