Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Practical Photoshop Selections.
- View Offline
In order to get the most out of this course you'll ideally have a base comfort level with the version of Photoshop. I'll be using Photoshop CC but all the techniques I'm going to show you will work with Photoshop CS6. If you feel comfortable doing tasks like opening files or applying an adjustment layer you'll feel right at home. On the other hand, if you're brand new to Photoshop, I'd encourage you to take a basic course, here on lynda.com so you feel that you have a good working knowledge of the application.
With that said, from beginner to expert, you're going to find techniques in this class that work for all levels of users. So, just go ahead with an open mind and the willingness to learn and I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command