Join Dennis Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video What are user interface kits?, part of Photoshop for UX Design.
- [Instructor] When you're ready to put together…a pixel perfect mock-up, there's no point…in reinventing the wheel.…A number of design resources exist where…other people have already built kits…for mocking up designs in common interfaces.…In June of 2017, Apple released their first UI kit…for iOS 11, which they were preparing at the time.…You download this for Photoshop and it includes…the standard font that you'll need, buttons,…interfaces, tooling, keyboards and basic layouts…that you'll need for designing an application.…
They have additional resources as well…for watchOS, designing icons for tvOS,…as well as some additional resources…surrounding CareKit and how you're marketing your app.…Now, because Apple only started providing this…with iOS 11, if you need to design for an older interface…or if you just want to check this out,…I'd encourage you to visit facebook.design.…Under their tools and resources section…they have a number of layouts and interfaces…that you might find useful, including iOS 10 and iOS 9.…
- Creating a document with artboards
- Using grids, guides, and guide layouts
- Adding placeholders and text
- Using ligature fonts for icons
- Using layer comps to display states
- Using Adobe Preview CC
- Exporting artboards for review
- Exporting assets for use in InVision
- Working with user interface kits
- Extracting CSS values from a design
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/14/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover how to use user interface kits to create pixel-perfect designs.
Q: This course was updated on 07/10/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video, "Mobile preview on Adobe XD."