Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video What to do when the subject blinks, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at a technique,…which will give us the ability to combine…the best expression for multiple frames together…in order to create a better portrait.…We'll be working with these photographs here,…of two friends, Ashley and Christin,…and you can see that the subject on the left,…in this frame, has her eyes closed.…Let me zoom in on that.…You can see that that isn't very good.…Fortunately, I have another frame that I've captured,…this one over here, where her eyes are open.…So I want to combine those two images together.…One way to do that is to open up both files,…then to click on layer, not the image but the layer,…and drag the layer over to the other tab right here,…and then let go.…
This will bring in this other image, as you can see here.…Now, the trouble is that these two images…aren't aligned very well.…They've shifted.…And also, my composition has shifted.…Here, I'll press F to go to Full Screen mode…and zoom out a little bit…so you can see this a little bit better,…that if we try to align these, we're not going to be able…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.