Create textures that create visual interest, heighten realism, and add dimension to Photoshop artwork.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Nigel French, and welcome to Photoshop for Designers: Textures. Textures are a great way to create visual interest, heighten realism and add dimension to your Photoshop artwork. To start with, we'll use Photoshop filters, but we'll be doing much more than just choosing a filter for a generic result. We'll be applying them thoughtfully, in combination, and we'll painting in their effects with layer masks. I'll show you how to combine textures with images using Photoshop's layer-blending modes.
We'll be working with brushes to paint in and accentuate texture, and creating brush presets by sampling photographic textures. We'll explore Photoshop's texture-related features, layer styles, pattern, and texture presets. Lastly, we'll see how to automate the application of textures through the use of Photoshop actions. So let's get started with Photoshop for Designers: Textures.
- Using render filters
- Applying textures with the Texturizer filter
- Adding noise and film grain
- Matching grain when cloning
- Aging photos
- Blending textures with layer masks
- Applying texture to an uneven surface
- Creating texture brushes
- Building density with brush settings
- Applying texture to type
- Finding, downloading and installing actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the movie, "Finding, downloading, and installing actions" Nigel directs me to a page at Adobe.com that no longer exists to download a Photoshop action. What happened to it?
1. Patterns Versus Textures
Working with textures6m 52s
2. Using the Render Filters
3. Using the Texture Filters
4. Adding Noise and Grain
5. Aging Photos
6. Combining Textures with Blending Modes and Layer Masks
7. Creating Textures with Artistic and Sketch Filters
8. Creating Sampled Brushes
9. Type and Texture
10. Automating Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.