Nigel French takes a designer-friendly approach to Photoshop. Learn how to create and apply textures using filters, layer masks and blend modes, and custom brushes.
- [Nigel] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Photoshop for Designers: Textures. Textures are a great way to add mood to your images. Adding texture can often breathe new life into overlooked images and can add depth and visual interest to your designs. There are numerous ways to interact with textures in Photoshop, and in this course, I'm going to look at creating textures through layer blending modes, with custom brushes, and with filters.
In all cases, I'll emphasize a non-destructive workflow that leaves your original image unharmed and allows for ease of future editing. Let's get started.
- Sourcing textures
- Add texture with blend modes, masks, and overlays
- Creating texture brushes
- Applying texture with filters
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Shapeswith Nigel French1h 24m Intermediate
1. Apply Texture with Blend Modes, Layer Masks, and Clipping Masks
2. Apply Texture with Brushes
3. Apply Texture with Filters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.