Learn how to work with Smart Objects and linked files to create reusable elements across multiple PSDs.
- [Jesse] Hello. My name is Jesse Freeman and in Modular PSD Design, we'll learn how to use smart objects and linked files to create reusable elements across multiple PSDs. I'll start by teaching you how to turn a layer into a smart object. Then we'll export that smart object as a PSB file, which we can link to, and then we'll build a simple application screen by nesting external files, and even PSDs, into a single file to make modifying individual elements externally a lot easier.
I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- Creating Smart Objects in Photoshop
- Keeping Smart Objects up to date
- Preparing elements for reuse
- Creating a style sheet
- Creating a PSD template
- Reusing Smart Objects across PSDs
- Using layer comps