Learn how to design a developer-focused tool by examining the UI in the Pixel Vision 8 game console.
- [Jesse] Hello, my name is Jesse Freeman, and in this course we'll discuss designing UX for developer tools. Unlike traditional applications, developer tools require focusing on function over form. We'll walk through a real world development tool, Pixel Vision 8's Game Creator, and explore how I implemented the UX and user flow by referencing other popular development tools and operating system paradigms. I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did making it. Now let's get started.
- The interface of a developer tool
- Designing within constraints
- The Pixel Vision 8 user interface
- Creating a common UX language
- Standardizing UI components
- Designing for small resolutions
- Adding toolbars and action bars
- Setting limits for simplicity