Learn how to repair and restore photos using Photoshop, Photoshop Fix, Lightroom, and Lightroom for mobile. Discover how to work with scans or raw captures to hide flaws and recover details. See how to deal with rips, creases, missing pieces, stains, and more.
- Hi, my name is Bryan O'Neil Hughes. I'm a long time Adobe veteran, and I'm thrilled to welcome you to this course. Restoration is something that's very important to me, and I think that it should be important to everyone because we all have shoe boxes full of old memories. So, whether it's archiving them, preserving them, or bringing them back to life, I think this course is really going to help you out. So, of course, we're going to dig deep into the magic of Photoshop, borrowing from other images, repurposing content, cloning, healing, dealing with all sorts of damage, whether it's scratches, rips, tears, water damage, anything, we can take care of that in Photoshop.
But, I've really tried to modernize this, as well, and make certain that not only can you use Photoshop to the full extend of its power, but you can also leverage some time saving steps. And so, that's where we've brought Lightroom in to really accelerate the workflow, because I know people have hundreds, sometimes thousands, of images. Another great thing about doing that is that we assure that you can get to your images beyond the desktop, and that means accessing them, editing them, and, of course, sharing them. Because, at the end of the day, these are your memories, and you should be able to share them with other people really quickly and easily.
So, I'm going to show you that restoration can be really fun and really easy. I hope you enjoy the course.
- Scanning versus photographing images
- Using Photoshop Fix for quick restoration
- Using Lightroom to prepare for restoration
- Saving time using bulk/multifile processing
- Hiding flaws and recovering details
- Retouching images in Lightroom
- Working with Smart Objects and layers
- Blurring and sharpening selectively
- Handling rips, creases, and missing pieces
- Dealing with stains and water damage
- Using Content-Aware Scale to adjust images
- Colorizing a photo
- Changing expressions