Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to bring out the best in your portrait subjects by retouching faces, correcting distortion, removing distractions, cleaning up the background, and more.
- [Chris] Hello, and welcome to Learning Portrait Retouching. My name is Chris Orwig, and this course is designed to help those of you who are interested in improving your portraits, but have limited time. Here, we'll look at how we can use some techniques in order to quickly clean up and retouch away distractions in the frame. We'll explore how we can remove things, whether that means a bracelet, or a logo on a T-shirt, and more. We'll examine how to change shape, whether that means to thin an arm, or fix clothing, hair, or something else.
We'll also take some time to discuss how we can improve and soften skin. We'll explore how we can reduce or remove shadows and wrinkles, improve eyes, whiten teeth, and fix hair. In the final chapter, I'll share with you some advanced tips and challenges so you can take your skills even further. Well, I am really excited about the training that we have ahead of us, so thanks for joining me, let's begin.
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.