Make Photoshop work better for you. Learn how to customize Photoshop settings, options, shortcuts, panels, tools, and workspaces and build Photoshop actions to automate tedious tasks.
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to my course on customizing Photoshop. In this course, you'll see how to streamline and bend Photoshop's interface to your will. Allowing you to work faster and easier and enjoy more time pursuing your creative tasks, rather than navigating Photoshop's tools, menus, panels, settings and performing repetitive tasks and wondering if your color settings are correct. Hey, but if you're like a Photoshop users, you probably don't take full advantage of Photoshop's customizing features because, well, you're too busy actually using the program.
Hey and I get that. It's much more fun to work on images than it is to customize panels and workspaces, and keyboard commands. So here's what I recommend: set aside a few images each day to customize just one thing in Photoshop. Think about what you're working on on that day, and try to customize something that makes that task easier. If you take a little customizing break every now and then, you'll end up fine-tuning Photoshop to meet your working style. As we go through this course, I'll remind you of this strategy. Well, let's get started customizing Photoshop.
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports