Learn the Photoshop techniques involved in recreating missing pieces of a vintage photo, from body parts to backgrounds.
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Neil Rhodes, and welcome to Photo Restoration Techniques: Recreating Missing Pieces. Old photos of people are often damaaged and, more often than not, body parts or bits of faces are missing. In this course, we'll be learning how to reconstruct and rebuild missing body parts and faces using Adobe Photoshop. First, we'll take a look at getting started with the right kind of photograph for the rebuilding process. Next, we'll move onto repairing the easier damage in preparation for the trickier repair sections. And we'll finish by finalizing the restore and admiring our handy work.
I hope you're as excited as I am to share this restoration techniques with you. So let's get started.
- Evaluating and planning the restoration
- Straightening and cropping
- Using the content-aware tools to replace missing details
- Rebuilding arms, faces, and hands
- Using Puppet Warp to recreate photo elements