Learn to work with blend modes in Photoshop for more creative options and control over tonality and texture.
- [Voiceover] Hi my name is Chris. In this course we'll begin by taking a look at what blending modes are and how they work. Next we'll do some creative blending projects. Here we'll look at how we can blend two images together, or how we can create vivid color or create a realistic film grain effect. Next we'll cover some more advanced topics, and here we'll look at how we can use shortcuts to quickly access our blending modes. We'll also do some advanced projects, like how we can take an image with a plain and ordinary background and add some texture to it. Or how we can add some clouds to an uninteresting sky, or make a conceptual image that's made up of a portrait and some clouds.
We'll also build a more artistic image which is really based on an emotion or an idea. So as you can see, this course will be both practical and creative. So if you're ready to learn how you can use blending modes in order to improve your photographs, you've come to the right place. Thanks for joining me, let's begin.
- Learning about Multiply, Screen, and Soft Light
- Blending color and aligning images
- Creating composites with blend modes
- Adding glow and grain
- Using blend mode shortcuts
- Adding new texture to a backdrop
- Masking in clouds
- Using blend modes to enhance portraits and landscape photos