Learn how to create new visual narratives with the power of photo compositing.
- [Voiceover] In this course, we're going to take a look at three ways to composite images together to practice seeing the relationship between images and what happens as a result of adding multiple photographs to create a new visual narrative. First, we'll take a look at pairing images together in a diptych to see what effects proximity can have on two images when they're placed next to each other. Then, we'll look at what happens when one image is superimposed on top of another. We'll look at how adding textures and secondary imagery can reinforce the mood and feeling of the composite.
Next, we'll look at blending one image into another using layer masks to selectively hide and reveal different areas of a photograph. Finally, we'll pull together several different images, making sure that each individual element that is used reinforces our story to create a single, unified image. So join me as we use our imaginations to combine beautiful imagery to tell our story with dynamic and intriguing composites.
- Unifying images through subject, theme, and composition
- Creating diptychs in Lightroom and Photoshop
- Using layers and masking to blend photographs
- Applying textures with blend modes and opacity
- Blending nighttime and daytime images
- Creating unity with color and tone