Learn what role materials, layers, and channels play in a digital art workflow, and how they can elevate your art and designs.
- [Bert] Hi, my name is Bert Monroy and in this, the second volume of Artistic Concepts I'm gonna take you into a few new areas. One of them being materials. How to create materials, how to use images for materials. How to make something look like it's made out of many different things. I'm going to expand on the layers concepts and show you some of the other basic functions of layers, and I'm gonna get into channels. An often over looked feature of Photoshop that's so crucial to everybody's daily work flow.
So now let's see how materials work.
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels