Learn what role materials, layers, and channels play in a digital art workflow, and how they can elevate your art and designs.
- [Bert] Hi, my name is Bert Monroy and in this, the second volume of Artistic Concepts I'm gonna take you into a few new areas. One of them being materials. How to create materials, how to use images for materials. How to make something look like it's made out of many different things. I'm going to expand on the layers concepts and show you some of the other basic functions of layers, and I'm gonna get into channels. An often over looked feature of Photoshop that's so crucial to everybody's daily work flow.
So now let's see how materials work.
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels
Skill Level Advanced
The Making of Times Square: The Peoplewith Bert Monroy3h 18m Intermediate
The Making of Times Square: The Techniqueswith Bert Monroy4h 56m Intermediate
The Making of Times Square: The Toolswith Bert Monroy5h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.