Artist Uli Staiger shows how to create complex scenes from just a simple sketch and some source images.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Uli Staiger and together with you I want to create a real cool stunning scene in Adobe Photoshop. Let's go to the Bridge and take a first look at what we are going to do. This is the final image and it's called ICE, which means Inter-City-Express. You can see that everything, the whole scene takes place inside the city because these are the images that are in the background right here. So what are we going to do? Of course, we have to build a platform first from these images and I think you can see that the images are not real hard to get.
So these are no special images but still I think that this image is sort of special because the idea behind this workshop is to put together completely normal images in order to get this stunning scene. So I think you will have a lot of fun and I hope you will learn something and I wish you a lot of fun when we dive right into the image right now.
- Sketching out a concept
- Masking reference images
- Constructing a roof with the fill method
- Building a looping track
- Painting in light and reflections
- Brightening the background to give the illusion of distance
- Adding text and layer styles
- Compositing, texturing, and lighting 3D objects
- Adding smoke and dust to the scene