Learn to optimize the color in your photographs with confidence in this Photoshop tutorial.
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey. If you're like many photographers, you've probably struggled from time to time with color corrections for your photos. At times, you may have even felt that you just don't have a good eye for color. This course will address those issues, and more, to help improve your skills and confidence in applying accurate color corrections. I'll start by presenting some of the basic concepts related to your system configuration and color in general, including some great methods for evaluating the color in your photos. Next we'll take a look at the basic techniques for color adjustments including establishing accurate color in a raw conversion, using automatic adjustments, taking advantage of the incredible vibrance adjustment, applying a color tint, or removing a color caste and more.
We'll then dive into focused color corrections, meaning color adjustments that affect a specific area of a photo, you'll see how to shift the color balance for a specific range of colors, how to tone down problem colors, how to create neutral highlight shadow values, how to improve color in skin tones, and much, much more. By the end of this course, you'll have the knowledge and confidence you need to apply accurate and effective color corrections to your photos, let's get started.
- Configuration considerations
- Understanding and evaluating color
- Foundations of color adjustment
- Balancing a specific color
- Eliminating a problem color
- Recovering color detail
- Neutralizing highlights and shadows
- Whitening and brightening
- Using an adjustment layer to paint in a correction