Explore how you can leverage the power of Photoshop to express your creative vision.
- Hi, I'm Tim Grey, and I'll be your instructor for this video training course covering a wide variety of creative effects in Photoshop. I continue to be amazed at just how many creative possibilities there are in Photoshop. I often say that the only limit is your own imagination, and that if you can imagine something, you can probably create it in Photoshop. In this course, I'll start off by sharing some of the fundamental concepts related to the use of Photoshop for creative effects, and I'll share with you a workflow recommendation that helps ensure maximum flexibility.
We'll then take a look at a series of relatively simple effects you can apply through various different adjustments and filters in Photoshop. From there, we'll start to delve into some of the basic creative filters, before heading into wild territory. We'll explore some rather extreme adjustments you can apply to your photos, as well as a variety of distortion effects that can have a dramatic impact on just about any image. My primary aim in this workshop is to help you understand what tools are available to you for creative effects in Photoshop, as well as to give you some inspiration and guidance on the specific effects that might work for a particular image.
It would be impossible to present every possibility for a tool as powerful and flexible as Photoshop, but with the knowledge you'll gain in this course, you'll be able to explore the many possibilities and then mix and match various techniques in unique and creative ways. Enjoy.
- Working with the Filter Gallery
- Creating a black-and-white effect
- Applying a vignette
- Adding motion blur
- Creating a painterly effect with Find Edges
- Smearing with Liquify
- Mapping the image with Trace Contour
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Photographers: Creative Effectswith Chris Orwig4h 57m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Creative Fundamentals
2. Simple Effects
3. Basic Filter Effects
4. Slightly Wild Effects
5. Distorting the Image
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.