Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey. When you think of Photoshop, chances are photography comes to mind long before text. And yet, Photoshop offers remarkably powerful tools for creating and customizing text with flexibility and creativity. In this course, we'll explore the many possibilities for working with text in Photoshop. We'll get started exploring the basic tools and simple techniques for adding text to an image in Photoshop. From there, we'll learn how to modify text in order to change many different aspects of its appearance.
I'll show you the various ways for fine tuning the text you've added to an image, and guide you through the things you'll want to understand in order to ensure the best results. Next, we'll take a look at some of the new features in Photoshop CS6 that make working with text surprisingly easy and efficient. Finally, I'll share a variety of creative possibilities so you can really make the most of the text you create for any project. I think you just might be surprised at how much Photoshop is able to offer when it comes to creating and modifying text to produce incredibly creative results.
And in the process, I think you're going to have a lot of fun. Let's get started.
- Type tool basics
- Editing, moving, and aligning text
- Basic text attributes
- Character and Paragraph panels overview
- Kerning and tracking
- Vertical and horizontal scaling
- Transforming text
- Adding layer effects
- Putting an image inside text