Explore how you can leverage the power of Photoshop to express your creative vision.
- Hi, I'm Tim Grey. Photographer, author and educator. I've written over a dozen books, taught numerous in-person workshops around the world and created several video-training workshops with video2brain. Photography is an art form, of course, and there are seemingly countless ways to express your creativity in the camera. This includes using exposure settings, choosing a particular lens, finding just the right vantage point from which to photograph, waiting for the best lighting conditions and many other considerations. With Photoshop, of course, you can take that creativity to new heights as you'll see in the lessons in this course.
We'll start off by exploring some of the concepts related to expressing creativity in Photoshop then we'll dive right into some of the basic methods for applying creative adjustments to help you get a sense of work flow and methods in Photoshop. Next, we'll take a look at a wide variety of creative effects you can apply. These include tonal effects, color effects, filter effects, image montages, artistic impressions and much, much more. After covering many creative effects, we'll also explore several real world projects aimed at giving you a clearer idea of how to consider which creative effect might be most appropriate for a given photograph.
The images I use in each lesson are included in a project files folder organized into folders by chapter name with file names that reflect the content of the photo. I encourage you to use these images to follow along as you go and practice the techniques you'll learn. I've had great fun producing these videos and hope you find them enjoyable and informative. I'll hope to have the opportunity to see some of the creative results you come up with after completing this course. Enjoy.
- Safely experimenting with creativity
- Creating a black-and-white effect
- Using Curves presets for creative effects
- Applying a vignette
- Using the Filter Gallery
- Applying a Gradient Map adjustment
- Creating a multiple exposure effect
- Hand-painting an image
- Creative projects