Learn how to restore damaged photos from the Photoshop senior product manager.
- View Offline
- Hi, my name is Bryan O'Neil Hughes. I'm the senior product manager for Photoshop. And today I'd like to welcome you to Photoshop Insider Training Restoring Photos. First thing we're going to talk about is how we bring the images into the computer, whether we're using a scanner or your digital camera. Then we'll talk about powerful and non-destructive tools for getting you quickly and easily into Photoshop. And how to save a lot of time with cropping and blurring. As we get deeper into the work flow, we'll talk about fixing serious damage, things like dust and scratches, removing rips, tears and creases, and even repairing missing or torn parts of the image.
We'll even talk about glare, stains, and water damage. Then we'll talk about some finishing touches, creating frames and borders, and re-purposing those borders. We'll assure that in the end, your images look better than ever and are preserved forever.
- Scanning or photographing prints
- Understanding the role of Adobe Camera Raw in photo restoration
- Correcting color and tone
- Saving time with cropping
- Removing dust and scratches
- Repairing missing pieces and torn corners
- Recovering lost detail
- Colorizing a photo
- Borrowing content within the same photo
- Archiving images