Learn how to warp a pattern fill into a photo and make quick changes using Smart Objects.
- [Narrator] Now that the photo is all sectioned off,…we can start applying fabric to it.…And this does require a little knowledge of fabric drapes…so you can make it look correct.…Alright, let's start with the sleeve.…I'm gonna draw a rectangle around the sleeve, and…go down to the cookie, go to pattern,…select the pattern I want to use for the fill,…which, I think we'll use the plaid, and click,…actually I'm gonna use the darker one,…we're gonna scale it to 25 percent, and click okay.…
Now, before we can warp fabric, we need to turn it…into a smart object, so I'm gonna right click and…scroll down here and convert to smart object, and then…we're gonna use a clipping mask to clip it to the sleeve.…Now that it's clipped to the sleeve, we can use any number…of warping techniques to bend it to our will.…So, I'm gonna start with transform, control t,…and rotate it a little bit so it's sitting…the way I want it according to the sleeve cap.…Then, right click, warp, and I'm gonna go ahead and…curve this around so it follows the line of the arm.…
- Using and scaling pattern fills
- Making basic patterns
- Turning scanned swatches into a pattern
- Working with textured fabrics or ditsy prints
- Working with other types of repeats
- Preparing your illustration
- Manipulating pattern fills
- Swapping patterns
- Mocking up photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop Retouching: Fashion Editorialwith Timothy Sexton58m 7s Intermediate
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
1. Important Tools to Know
2. Pattern Basics
3. Working with Scanned Fabric Swatches
4. Prepping the Illustration
5. Manipulating Pattern Fills
6. Swapping Patterns
7. Mocking Up Photos
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.