Learn how to begin adding a pattern overlay to type and making sure that the pattern is also affected by any transformations applied to the type.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I'd like to show you how to create…this nostalgic look to your type…with an in-line engraved pattern…and a couple of strokes and a drop shadow…and then warping the type.…So, I'm going to start here…and the first thing I want to do…is add the pattern.…Now, I need to create the pattern.…There are a number of patterns available to us…but they are all quite low resolution…and this is quite a large piece of type.…
It's intended for print,…so I need to make myself my own pattern…so that I don't need to go beyond 100% in scale…for that pattern.…So, I'm going to come and create a new document.…A new document of 16 pixels square.…And then I'm going to zoom in…on that so that we can see the canvas…and I'll come and choose my single row marquee tool.…I'd like to create a striped pattern…that is seven rows filled with color…and then remaining nine rows will just be white.…
So, I'm going to click once with that single row marquee tool,…hold down my shift key, click twice,…three times, four times, five times, six, seven.…
- Illustrating a concept
- Modifying letterforms
- Creating distressed text with a displacement map
- Creating effects such as smoky or fiery type
- Painting type with custom brushes
- Creating print-inspired type effects
- Working with multilayered type
- Creating a type portrait
- Creating nostalgic type treatments
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Textureswith Nigel French1h 47m Intermediate
1. Simple Type Effects
2. Damaged and Distressed Type
3. Real-World Type Effects
4. Print-Inspired Type Effects
5. Type and Pattern
6. Type Portraits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.