Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilize multiple layer groups or layer comps, part of Customize Photoshop: A Practical Approach.
- [Voiceover] Alright, in this movie,…I'm gonna show you how to take advantage…of some of the customization you've already created,…and show you a new tool…that can help with your customization of your workflow.…Alright, first, here we're starting…with our misty ridge image.…And, just to save us some time,…I've created some layers here.…The first one that I've created…is a curves adjustment layer.…And, of course, I used my keyboard shortcut to do that.…And when we turn that on, and we click here,…and you can see I've reorganized some of my panels here,…just because I have limited space to work on…in terms of you seeing the video.…
But what I've done is I've lowered the mid-tone…and I've changed the shadow point,…alright, to darken up the sky,…I've also added some type with some inner shadow…and some outer glow.…And I've added a curves adjustment layer,…alright, to darken up the type,…to kind of match the sky.…And what we're gonna do now,…is we're gonna take this group of layers…that we've created here,…and, again, I used my keyboard shortcut…
But if you're like many people, you're so busy using Photoshop that you don't have time to customize it. That's where this course comes in. Photographer and educator Taz Tally presents a practical approach to customizing Photoshop. Set aside a few minutes each day, watch a chapter, and work its insights into your Photoshop routine to help you work faster and smarter, allowing you to devote more time to your creative endeavors. By the end of the course, you'll be on your way to transforming your Photoshop experience—and you won't have missed any deadlines.
- Creating custom workspaces
- Building your own keyboard shortcuts
- Customizing views, tools, and options
- Adjusting import and export options
- Customizing panels: Layers, Adjustments, Histogram, and more
- Managing and synchronizing color settings
- Setting up soft and hard proofing
- Customizing print settings
- Creating Photoshop actions
- Using the Image Processor and actions together to automate exports