Chris Mattia teaches you the pro tricks for creating custom vector gradient layer masks in Photoshop so you have full editable control over the look of your next teaching and learning slide deck.
- [Instructor] Now we're still looking at…various techniques for integrating full screen images…into your slide backgrounds.…And while this gradient mask effect creates a great look,…let's look at an even more powerful effect,…and that's using a vector mask.…Now turn the visibility of this gradient option layer off…and then make another copy of our white layer…by option or alt dragging it down onto the new layer icon.…Then let's name this layer vector mask.…
Click OK and drag the vector mask layer…just above your plant background layer.…Now thus far, all of the layer masks that we have created…have been raster-based layer masks.…And if you remember back to our discussion…of raster versus vector images back in chapter two,…we said that raster images were pixel based,…and vector-based images were defined by lines or vectors…that connect between control points,…and those lines have properties such as stroke and fill.…
Now a great advantage of vector-based shapes,…especially in this case,…is that those control points are editable.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.