Chris Mattia teaches you the secrets of incorporating text into Smart Objects in Photoshop so you can quickly update all of your teaching and learning assets.
- [Instructor] Now let's get our text added to…all of our other artboards.…Just as we did with images, if we simply option or alt drag…our text layer onto one of the other artboards,…then each layer of text will become completely independent.…If we needed to make a change to any of the text,…we would have to make that change to each and every layer.…That's just way too much work.…If you're thinking hey, convert that text to a smart object,…then you're right on track.…
Let's delete this text layer, then right or control click…on our text layer and then select convert to smart object.…Instead of our T icon for type,…we have what looks like a transparent layer,…but there is a light little blob up here in the corner…that's really hard to see and that's actually our text.…Also, notice that all of our layer effects…have now disappeared, as well.…Those are all now contained within the smart object itself,…more on that shortly.…For now, option or alt drag this smart object…to our other landscape oriented artboards…to duplicate the smart object for each artboard.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.