Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using select and mask to fix hair, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Another way that we can clean up…or remove stray hairs is by harnessings Photoshop's strength…at making selections with Select and Mask.…To do this, we'll be creating to new layers…and then we'll work on those layers in unique ways.…So let's begin by duplicating the background layer twice.…Then we'll turn off the visibility of the…original background layer…and we'll work on the middle one.…We'll call this one backgroundPlate.…This is going to become a new background layer for us.…
The layer above is going to become a layer where we will…use Select and Mask on the subject,…so we'll name that layer subject.…Let's go to the backgroundPlate layer.…In photography and other fields, the background plate…often refers to the foundation that you'll work from.…So let's say on this layer what I want to do is actually…remove the subject.…Number of ways we could do that.…We could use a clone stamp tool.…And here you'd want to use a brush with a little hardness…and opacity of 100.…What we can do is just Option or Alt click…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.